Things to Do in River Edge
Throughout this site we are sharing different programs, events, and services. This page is meant to share different things to do in town. Some are annual events while others are simply a nice place for an afternoon walk.
Have something that we missed? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for new things to enjoy in town.
- River Edge Day – Held in the beginning of October this is a great event to learn about the town, paint a pumpkin, and support local business.
- Enjoy the gardens at Cherry Blossom Park – Located next to Cherry Hill School this is a tranquil park for some quiet time.
- Shoot hoops at Brookside Park – With newly renovated courts its a great place to practice your jump shot.
- Go for a dip at the Swim Club – Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day the swim club is where River Edge spends its summers!
- Read a Story at the Library Story Walk – Introduced in 2020 its a story laid out along the arboretum path. Perfect for young kids learning to read.
- Visit the 9-11 Memorial – A sobering place to pay our respects to those of our neighbors we lost on September 11, 2011. Located next to the library.
- Ride, walk or run through Memorial Park – With a 1/2 mile loop the walking path is a great place to get in some exercise.
- Celebrate our Independence at Memorial – “The event” of the year is the 4th of July festivities held at Memorial Park. Highlights include rides, music, vendors, food, and the beer truck. It’s a must attend event.
- Attend a River Dell event – It could be the annual play, a football game, or the chorus River Dell students always put on a great show.
- Get a slice at one of our great pizzerias – River Edge is blessed with many options for pizza. Visit River Edge Pizza Kitchen, Sanduccis, Latoscana, or Josephs for the perfect slice.
- Visit Historic Newbridge Landing – The bridge that saved America may be gone but you can still walk in the footsteps of General Washington and learn about our local history.
- Catch a Little League game – Memorial park is full of aspiring Yankees every Spring. While you are there grab a bite at the snack stand and support the league.
- Hit the sledding slopes at Van Saun – Many don’t realize that the sledding slopes of van Saun are in River Edge! Enjoy a snowy day with some thrills.
- Enjoy a meal on the patio at the diner – With their renovation in 2017 the River Edge Diner added a nice outdoor patio for dining. Great place for a taylor ham egg and cheese:)
- Practice your forehand at Memorial – Whether you want some solo practice or a game of doubles you will get your tennis fix at Memorial. With a practice wall and full courts its a great place for tennis.
- Kick a soccer ball in the doggie paths – Stretching form Kensington to Tenney the undeveloped paths are nice for a game of kick or a walk.
- Take a train ride to NYC – Being just 9 miles from NYC has its advantages. Find a reason to visit the City and let NJ Transit get you there.
- Take advantage of the library – Take a class, attend an event, surf the web, or take out a good book.
- Meet the Easter Bunny – Check out the annual Easter Eg Hunt run by the Junior Womens’ Club. While you are there get a picture with the Easter Bunny!
- Visit the Pumpkin Patch – Every year the First Congregational Church hosts a pumpkin patch. Support the church and get a pumpkin and enjoy the patch.
- Work on your slap shot – Memorial park has long been the home of hockey players in town. With a fresh renovation 2020 its a great place to place some pick up or work on your shot.
- Ride a roller coaster – Every September St Peter’s Church hosts their carnival with rides, games, and of course greasy food!
- Sing carols with Frosty – Every year the borough hosts a holiday tree lighting ceremony with Christmas carols, hot cocoa, and a trip by Santa himself.
Support River Edge Businesses
Join the Conversation
connect with River Edge
Join the Conversation